Getting a few years bans will not stop "fuelling" the science behind
new ways of cheating with cheats. This science is a driving factor
behind enabling cheats to take a calculated risk. The problem then
rubs on to honest athletes that have to put up with multiple drug
checks in in-human conditions. I am not comfortable with that, its
certainly more heavy handed than banning someone caught for cheating.
I only wish that every athlete that was caught cheating was guilty,
its not likely to be the case.

Since even lifetime bans dont work, as we just saw, I dont think we
can get rid of cheats. but I wouldnt facilitate it either by having
lenient bans.