All this talk of the takeover seems to have deflected attention on what is
going on with the team.

OK Leeds have signed 4 players, I'm not even sure who the 4 are, but all the
names I've heard hardly inspire me to think that a promotion side is being
built.
By all accounts last season, about half a dozen players looked like they had
something about them to impress at this level.

Lonergan, O'Dea, Clayton, Howson,  Snodgrass, and McCormack.
4 have gone and 2 are likely to.  Whilst I applaud Colin for trying to bolster
the defence, where are the players who are going to entertain us , excite us or
threaten the opposition?

I know the days are gone where a championship team can sign a Strachan, or even
a Vinny Jones are long gone.  'Fringe' or even reserve Premiership players are
happy to remain just that, because what they earn is still far above
Championship wages.

However Leeds have had a number of players over the past 3-4 years who the
current management have let go for various reasons.  Somehow that trend has to
be stopped.  You might argue that Johnson was overrated, Kilkenny couldn't run,
the Premiership was too big a step for Beckford and Delph at the time. Or that
Gradel had not proved himself over a long-enough period.

But a front 6 of Howson, Clayton, Delph, Snodgrass, Beckford and Gradel with
McCormack, Johnson and Kilkenny as back-up would not have been a bad start
towards a promotion push.  That's the quality of player we'll need.

KOT.

Kevin Lewis
System Administrator
Production DBA team

SSC Ltd
Polaris House - GF
North Star Avenue
Swindon
SN2 1FF

T: 01793 867 086
M: 07776 182 996

RCUK Shared Services Centre Limited (RCUK SSC Ltd) is a limited company
registered in England and Wales (with company number 6330639) and has its
registered address as North Star House, North Star Avenue, Swindon, Wiltshire
SN2 1FF.

This email may have a protective marking, for an explanation please see
http://www.ssc.rcuk.ac.uk/info/Documents/RCUKSharedServiceCentreLtd.pdf

This email and any attachments are intended for the named addressee(s) only. If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify RCUK SSC Ltd immediately and
do not disclose, distribute, or retain this email or any part of it. While RCUK
SSC Ltd has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise risk of this e-mail
or any attachments containing viruses, the recipient should carry out its own
virus checks before opening the attachments. RCUK SSC Ltd does not accept any
liability for any losses or damages which the recipient may sustain due to
presence of any viruses. RCUK SSC Ltd reserves the right to monitor all e-mail
communications through their networks for the purposes of preventing and
detecting crime.