I hear where you're coming from Grandpa Sykes but I do have to say as somebody
who only gets to see games "live" via various internet sites I am truly
appalled by Becchio's lack of ability to trap a ball, to lay off a simple pass,
or even head a ball on to a team mate. I listened to Warnock the other day
praise Becchio for being a thorn in the side of defenders cos he harries them
and he puts himself about, but these aren't footballing attributes, anyone with
a decent fitness level could do the same, it has nothing to do with skills or
even understanding where your team mates are. Lee Chapman had limited skills
but he understood where to be and when to be there and how to find a team mate
with a simple pass. Compare Diouf with Becchio, Diouf may look for the foul
alot like Becchio, but he can also see a defence splitting pass, has skills on
the ball, or is also comfortable holding the ball up. Every time the ball is
lumped to Becchio I have no expectations of us retaining pos
 session. Also as somebody said, when we're playing poorly he becomes the easy
option out, just punt it forward and hope he flicks it on. I'm just glad that
now we've got Thomas we have some pace in midfield and his introduction has
allowed Byram to get forward more too, in my opinion, the fact that we now have
pace and can cause problems down the flanks and therefore stretch teams at the
back is the reason we've won the last two games. We're pressing higher, we're
closing down quicker and basically nullifying the oppos game. Of course this
means that my new found optimism will result in a 3-0 reversal to Grayson.