Brown is a horrible niggly slow bastard. Can't stand him.

________________________________
 From: Jeremy Adams <jeremyadam...@hotmail.com>
To: Leeds List <leedslist@gn.apc.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 9:19 PM
Subject: [LU] Chelsea

I missed the last goal but overall I think the 5-1 scoreline flattered them a
little. Sure they deserved the victory but not by that much. First half they
were the better team but we battled hard, seemed to miss Tate in central
defence but overall we did a good job and Ashdown in goal was equal to whatever
they threw at us. Then a great pas by Byram? put Thomas free on the left and he
delivered an inch perfect pass to Becchio who scored probably the best goal
I've ever seen him score. That was not an easy finish. Second half they
equalised right away with a soft goal though Ashdown had made some great saves
beforehand to keep us in the game so I can't fault him too much. I was actually
quite pleased with our response to that equalizer, we didn't give up and I felt
we gave them a right go at that point. Then they went 3-1 up in the blink of an
eye and then it was game over, we lost heart and Warnock did too, he took off
Thomas and Diouf to (hopefully)
 rest them. They knew it w
as game over, we tried to press and then got caught for the fourth goal. Fifth
goal I missed so don;t know how that happened.
Positives - Byram had a good game, Ashdown did well except for the one goal.
Thomas was a threat, and I thought Tonge was solid and Lees did a good job. Our
team did pretty well against the second most expensively assembled side in the
world, this wasn't Chelsea second team, they had some serious heavyweights in
there and as somebody pointed out they had around 130M in firepower up front.
Negatives - Peltier is out of his depth at premiership level, he got pulled all
over the place. Brown is an "enforcer" but is otherwise rubbish, my Chelsea
supporting brother was actually quite impressed with Leeds' overall play,
except for Brown, and agreed 1-5 was a flattering scoreline.
My only concern from this game is that after working so hard and doing pretty
well for 60 minutes, we'll be demoralised by the thrashing.
All in all for the 80 odd minutes I saw I feel I can hold my head up high by
the effort Leeds put in.
Jeremy