Dr Mike - re "evidence" - I've just received a Jury Summons today. A timely
reminder that even with facts and evidence presented to a court that it needs
12 people to decide what the truth actually is.

And here's an interesting question for you:  What happened at the end of the
round when Henry Cooper knocked down Muhammad Ali?

Most people would probably say that Ali had his glove slashed, giving Ali a few
extra minutes to recover whilst his glove was changed. The gospel according to
Henry Cooper said it, the gospel according to Harry Carpenter said it .....
everyone who saw it on TV, including my Dad, said that's what happened. It's a
story passed down the generations, as I always believed it. Why would Henry,
Harry or my Dad lie?

However, the "truth", based on the "evidence" of the TV footage actually shows
that the glove was NOT replaced, and all Ali got was an extra six SECONDS. But,
then again, say the believers, can we really believe the TV footage?

Don't know why that trivial thought just sprung to mind, but it's something I
occasionally ponder at times like these.....