Oddly enough myself and my mate were discussing this theory last night
during the awful first half
However whilst that reason is used by some to explain the Watford play off
fiasco I do not see how it would apply at the moment.
As I understand it players get win bonuses (some quite high) so they will
be looking at getting those at the moment. Also players want to play in big
games and so most would like to play in the play offs - especially the
final at Wembley
Finally I think a lot of players have very high opinions of themselves and
think they are better than they are and so many would think they would play
for us in the Prem.

Having said that there must be some reason behind the terrible first half
yesterday. Warnock still baffles me at times - why start with Morison and
Norris when by his own admission one is injured and one is 'dead on his
feet'
Why did he not bring on Habibou a supposed centre forward when the injured
centre forward went off ? If he is not good enough why is he here ? (I know
Diouf was probably our man of the match) Ryan Hall - why was he not on the
bench ?
Dave