Since Tim is obviously too modest to blow his own trumpet...

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/leedsunited/fb_news.php?storyid=31781

80 Years ago today- Sunderland boss denies being a Fascist
Thu 04th Apr 2013 13:07 by Tim Whelan

Looking back at the archives from April 1933, we find that the new
Sunderland manager, Benito Mussolini, gave a terse statement to a press
conference in which he denied having Fascist sympathies.

The new Sunderland manager is a very excitable bald Italian, who has
previously been photographed giving straight-arm salutes to large crowds of
right wing supporters in Rome, but yesterday he was claiming to have been
misquoted when he said "I'm a Fascist, not a Racist".

Mussolini said "Like my great idol, Paulo Di Canio, I am opposed to violence
and some of my best friends are Jewish. Furthermore, I've no intention of
forming an alliance with the new Nazi regime in Germany".

He also promised to stick to football while he was in charge of Sunderland,
without getting involved in politics. "Back in Italy I am famous for making
the trains run on time, so you can see that I've had no influence at all on
the performance of Northern Rail in this part of England".

Looking to the future, Benito said he was inspired by the 'Invest in Africa'
logo on the Sunderland shirt. "I'm already running a brutal colonial regime
in Libya, and I've got some exciting ideas as to how we can take this
forward in the next few years by invading Abyssinia."

But a lot of Sunderland fans remain unconvinced that Il Duce' was a wise
choice to be their next manager. Ramsay McDonald has already resigned as a
director, and thousands of unemployed men in nearby Jarrow are about to
start a march all the way to London to protest about his appointment.

ttfn

Richard

Triumph Computer Services

01273 505214