From: nattan <nat...@sky.com>
To: leeds list <leedslist@gn.apc.org>
Sent: Tue, Dec 31, 2013 6:10 am
Subject: [LU] who to blame for current 'hoof ball' ?

Looking at the quote from Brian McD it appears he is as frustrated and annoyed
with the hoof ball as the rest of us. So is he lying to the fans or are the
players failing to carry out his instructions ? If it is the latter is it a
lack
of ability or lack of belief in their ability. We have all seen it with other
teams who play one style and then go long ball when the 'big lad' is up front -
think Everton with Duncan Ferguson or any of the teams Niall Quinn played for.
Do the players just look at Smith as being the 'easy option' ?

We need to get on the ball in midfield. We've been hitting too many long balls
which isn't good for anyone. We need to get through the midfield and get the
ball into crossing areas.
"It’s not fair on Matt Smith. If you look at the game against Birmingham City,
when we put a number of crosses into the box Matt scored two goals. We need to
give Matt that service.
"We have to get the crowd involved and get them off their seats. We have to
play, we have to pass the ball and get it through midfield and we have to get
crosses in the box. We have to play in their half of the field and we really
have to play on the front foot.
- See more at:
http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/1onnibiyuhxeh1oq2nz0n3tf26/title/boss-calls-on-forward-thinking#sthash.X2x9NizU.dpuf