Kebe looked OK early on linking up with Byram, Diouf and McCormack but overall
was pretty annonymous and rubbish. One move summed it all up when he 'glided'
past the first defender and then hit an awful cross into the first man. He is a
bit of a bottler in 50/50s and offers very little defensively. Looks like he
may have something about him but is yet to show it to any degree
Stewart was totally annonymous first half and did little second half until just
before their goal when, as outlined in my report, he checked back and totally
messed up when the fans were screaming at him to take the player on. He did
learn from that and next time he had the ball he beat his man, cut inside and
hit a shot across goal - never going in and would have been a belter if it had.
This lifted him and got the crowd a bit on his side, and his next touch, he
drove into the box, beat the first man and went past the second albeit losing
control of the ball which was most likely going behind when he was fouled -
pen, goal. That lifted him and he did try a few more runs - he was assisted by
Mowatt, whose passing is always purposeful and invites runs rather than the
crablike passing of Brown. Again may have something about him, but not much
yet, and since we have him on a 3 year deal he will need to deliver quickly to
stop himself becoming the fans
 scapegoat.
So maybe 4 out of 10 for Kebe and 5 for Stewart last night - a long way from
the performances we need. A long way behind Gradel and Snoddy , our last 2
decent wingers

Dave