<ri...@ntlworld.com>
wrote
> We won the Fairs cup against them - the second time we won it and the last
> season of that competition.
> We won on away goals. It was an unusual break of good luck for Leeds because
> we were doing well holding them to a 0-0 draw in the first game AWAY, but the
> match was abandoned in the second half because of torrential rain flooding
> the pitch. We felt vey hard done by. The match was replayed a couple of days
> later and we drew 2-2.
> The second leg at E Rd was a 1-1- draw with the most expensive player in the
> world at that time in their lineup.
> (Anastasi ?)
> So we won the final on away goals. If we had managed the 0-0 draw in the
> first leg then we would have lost the cup on away goals. Lucky Leeds eh ?
>

> We went on to play Barcelona at the Nou Camp to see who would get to keep the
> trophy permanently and
> lost 2-1 .

The home leg was the first cup final I ever attended, and after the 2nd (1972)
I thought I was a lucky omen. Unfortunately, the 3rd (1973) and 4th (1975)
proved otherwise - but I have to say I am not responsible for any subsequent
final losses, as I didn't attend those.

I seem to remember, from the abandoned 1st leg match, that Eddie Gray tripped
over a puddle and did himself some quite serious damage. Am I imagining this?

And didn't Capello score in the 1st leg (2nd game obv)?