Same here Andy - i’m rooting for Liverpool (and for Everton to finish above the
Arse)…admittedly part of my support is based on the fact that my other half and
her dad are keen reds (he’s a born and bred scouser…)…but yes, the tone of your
email has it spot on for me, there’s one thing having sporting
rivalries/hatreds (and all teams have some shite-arse little bastards that
attach themselves - FFS are we saying Leeds fans are angels here?) but then
there’s real lives and deaths; and if you can’t see that one matters way more
than the other then you have a problem…

Hillsborough, the injustice etc doesn’t mean they have the "right to win the
league”, no one does, you generally hope that the team playing the best
football wins it, unless it is ManU of course…I find Liverpool much less
offensive that Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal, Spurs…I don’t much mind between them
and City

The real scandal of Hillsborough is not that some fans may or may not have got
in without tickets…it is that the police panicked, lied and covered up…and did
so by pinning the blame on the ordinary folk…and that establishment (both
government and press) bought it and played it for all it was worth, refusing to
accept any other history. This made criminals out of people who went to a
football match. That is an inexcusable fabrication which shows the contempt
that people in power have for the “ordinary person"…just makes you wonder about
all the other times we’re lied to and how often we accept that version.

Keep it up Andy