I don't really get all the negativity - if you look at last seasons team -
which stayed up with no real concerns the only player who has left of all those
with the highest appearances is McCormack
Kenny is also likely to be on his way / not getting a game
Last years first XI based on appearances would look like this
Kenny
Byram, Lees, Pearce, Warnock
Murphy, Mowatt, Austin, Tonge
McCormack, Smith

Kenny has been replaced by a highly rated 23 year old.
Of the others it is reasonable to expect Byram, to be a lot better than he was
last year, Murphy, Mowatt and Smith should also benefit from their experiences
of last year. Pearce and Lees should be of the same standard. Warnock / Tonge
may get slightly worse due to age catching up with them a bit.

So the addition of the two buys so far Bianchi and Doukara - if no better than
what we have presumably will not play and therefore will make no difference
-but if they are better than what we have then they must improve the team -
that seems logical to me.

So it all depends on whether we can replace Ross - I doubt he would / will have
as good a season next time as he did last year - and at present his replacement
is Morison , someone who excited many when he signed last year (especially the
Becchio haters) but due to injury etc never really got going.

As far as managing goes, a number felt from the word go that McDermott did not
have a clue, even those of us who supported him at the start felt that he had
'lost it' by the end of the season, so even if Hockaday is useless he is no
worse than McDermott, Warnock, Grayson, McAllister etc all of whom listers were
happy / glad / content to see leave.

Yes Hock is a big gamble but one we know nothing about, so given that 9 of the
team who kept us up comfortably enough, and who even threatened the play offs
at some point are still here, the only 'relegation-worry' I can possibly see is
losing Ross and not replacing him with either a system or another forward who
can ensure the same amount of goals

As others have said, we are going into the unknown with Hockaday and the
foreign imports but lets wait and see before we all claim we are bound to be
relegated and go slitting our wrists -the reality does not seem that bad