Well a great performance topped off by two well taken goals in front of a
decent crowd and atmosphereIn the pubs beforehand there was a real sense of
disbelief when a huge rumour spread that Noel Hunt had scored but this gave us
a bit of belief that anything is possible in football - so maybe, just maybe we
could set aside our recent ability to throw winning games away and end the
Derby hoodoo - not beaten them in the last 12 matches or something.There was
some concern that the players would be down after the way the Blackburn game
ended but it was the opposite, when the match got underway after a minutes
applause for Blake Cairns and the other youngsters who died in the car crash,
we came out with passion and purpose and really had our foot on the gas."We
need to be at least 2 up on the hour mark for when our energy levels drop" was
the general consensus  - well we were and to be fair we did, for once keep
going till the end. It was a game of few chances  - I can only remember them
having one clear chance all game and that was late on when a great tackle by
(the once again impressive) Warnock led to the ball bouncing back to the Derby
player who crossed to an unmarked teamate but thankfully and to spare us a
nervous last few minutes , he ballooning it over the bar Apart them that we
kept them at bay pretty much in what was a niggly game with miles more bookings
than it deserved - 8 or 9 in all ? A lot of this was down to the horrible Will
Hughes who took after his ex scum namesake Mark and thought he was in charge -
he appeared to always b stood next to the ref whinging and moaning and pointing
his fingers at Leeds players. It was nice then that he was at fault for the
first goal , Mowatt again having a blinder and who had come close with a great
run and shot robbed him of the ball, strode forward and put the ball across to
the waiting Antenucci who slotted it home. A good time to score just before the
break and a deserved lead. Could we hold on for the next 45 ? Well we went one
better as aftere only 5 minutes Warnock and Mowatt combined down the left and
crossed to Antenucci who controlled it with his first touch (he really does
have a great first touch) and then slotted it home, right into the corner with
his second. Antenuccie had a couple of chances to get his hat-trick , one was
well saved, Austin also pulled a shot wide as we mainy continued to press. They
did have us on the back foot at times but we stood firm and they missed their
only real chance. SO 2 nil and we all went home happy. The decision to drop
Pearce was a brave one - but was rewarded with  aclean sheet , so was the
correct call - even if Cooper did get caught on the ball a couple of times.
Adryan showed a few touches of skill one pirouette on the ball worthy of a spot
of 'showboating' of SocceerAM if they still do it.SO a good all round
performance with Antenucci for his two goals, Mowatt and Warnock the
outstanding performers for us - this 'new improved' Warnock a long way from the
Pughnock (pugh & Warnokc) axis of evil so beloved by the square ball podcast._
A good day and a deserved 3 points against a top of the table team who will be
near the top come the end of the season