      From: "nat...@sky.com" <nat...@sky.com>
 To: leeds list <leedslist@gn.apc.org>
 Sent: Sunday, 1 March 2015, 12:21
 Subject: Re: [LU] 1 - 0 Sharp

Even worse are our long term prospects. I do not generally bother with the Prem
but whilst in the pub the League table came on. Looking at the bottom 4 -
Leicester, Burnley and QPR have all walked away with our Division in recent
years and look well equipped to bounce right back again.The other likely
contenders for relegation are Villa and whilst I know little about them, they
are a good sized club so their crowds plus parachute money will stop them doing
a Wigan or Blackpool and dropping down the Divisions. So next season we will be
up against the likes of these from the Prem plus whoever does not go up - say
Watford, Ipswich etc. This means our chances of anything better than a play off
place (where our record is abysmal) are very slim indeed. Yet to have any
chance at all we need to convince Byram and Mowatt to stay for a third season,
and Cook for a second one in the face of Premier teams trying to take them away
for double or even triple the money they can get at ER. Taylor will be in the
same boat of he continues to impressOur only hope as things stand is to keep
all these home grown youngsters and add enough quality to make it all work.So
for me, unless something drastic happens we are in trouble long term. IF the TV
money in the Prem continues as it is then we will in effect have a 22 team
Premier League with 19 actually playing in the Premier League and 3 temporarily
in the Championship and swapping with 3 more at the end of each season.The only
'drastic' things that could happen are either Sky and football going bust - the
talk of there soon being a £1m per week footballer is already out there- or us
attracting someone with real cash that they will pump into the club. Hopefully
Cellino has put us in a better and just as importantly clearer, financial
position so that someone may just be tempted, pour £10 or £15m into the club
and then recoup that and more when we go up. Both these seem unlikley at present