Of absolutely no use to you,  but on the North York Moors the is an area called
Mirk Mire Moor - sounds plenty bleak!

Sent from Samsung Mobile

-------- Original message --------
From: David Brennan <d.r.bren...@leeds.ac.uk>
Date: 15/07/2015  12:26  (GMT+00:00)
To: "'leedslist@gn.apc.org'" <leedslist@gn.apc.org>,"'arm...@yahoo.com'"
<arm...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [LU] Yorkshire help

Message: 5
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 14:03:25 +0000 (UTC)
From: Nicholas Armit <arm...@yahoo.com>
To: Leeds List <leedslist@gn.apc.org>
Subject: [LU] Yorkshire help

The Reverend Lee is a keen walker and might be able to give you some good
advice.

If you're limited by public transport, as Nick mentioned Skipton is a good
starting point, and you can get there from Leeds by train.  Walk up Wharfedale
to Appletrewick, Grassington, Threshfield, on through Kilnsey and Buckden and
stay in Cray perhaps?  Might be too far there and back to Skipton, but there
are busses from Grassington to Skipton (although not as frequent as they once
were).

Or you could show the lad we have culture in Yorkshire, as well as whippets and
lard, and visit Coldstones Cut, walk round Grimwith Reservoir and on to Pateley
Bridge.  Although I'm not sure about the public transport bit of that.

Again like Nick said, heaps of choice.  Good luck with the planning.

DRB