Once again, a good days drinking spoilt by 98 minutes of football.All my
pre-season optimism and support of the Cellino / Monk partnership gonewith one
dismal match. This was the first time I’ve seen Leeds live due to anill planned
Summer holiday (watched Luton and QPR on tv) and I was not impressed.

Yes, we were up against the league leaders and on the faceof it matched their
mediocrity for long periods of the game but there were somany things wrong with
the tactics and performances it left a sour taste in themouth. After the game,
some of the players made their away around the pitch to applaudthe home
support. They were met with boos and abuse. Not from me but I was asdisgusted
as the abusers. It was all round very poor.

For me the team selection and tactics were completely wrong. We lost the game
in midfield. Monk went with Philips and Bridcutt incentral midfield with Mowatt
on the left wing and Sacko on the right. Thatmidfield is so wrong , yet Monk
persisted until mid second half when he tookSacko off. Mowatt is not good
enough at this level. I’ve said it before and hewas totally anonymous in the
game as he used all his energy and his fat, littlelegs to chase the opposition.
Even if he was good enough, he will never be aleft winger.

Philips got picked on the back of his free-kick againstForest and to be fair I
thought he contributed with bits and bobs and he’sdefinitely a got something to
offer but at this stage of his career in a match like this he waslacking.
Bridcutt is a good choice for captain and worked his socks off but hereally was
a one man midfield today. Sacko started well and skinned the townleft back but
that was it , he hardly touched the ball until he was subbed. Our only player
with a bit of pace and skill and we couldn't get the bloody ball to him.

You can’t win with this midfield and I worry about Monk’sdecision making ? If
you think back to QPR he had Grimes and Diougara inmidfield, neither of whom
figured yesterday. He seems to be chopping and changing in the hope something
will click.

Even if the midfield had been functioning I have doubtsabout the ‘partnership’
up front. Chris Wood is slow and flat footed and whilsthe wins the odd header
they very rarely lead to anything productive. Antonsson,whilst much livelier,
was feeding on scraps. He rarely got into the box.

Huddersfield were well organised and passed it around well at times but they
never really threatened. Rob Green had nothing to do other than pickthe ball
out of the net and one good save late on as Town tried an ambitiouslob.

The main reason they won was down to one player -  Mooy their loanee from Man
City. He was headand shoulders above every player on the pitch and ran the
show. He picked upthe ball and smacked it in the back of the net – it looked
saveable to me butit was a good strike. He was the difference between the 2
teams. Just before he scored I said to my mate that someone needs to either man
mark him or nobble him.
Apart from Mooy, I thought Town were very ordinary but it only takes one player
with a bitextra in this shower of shit league to make a difference.

We didn’t create a decent chance in 98 minutes, this reallywas awful game and
I’m in 2 minds about Blackburn on Tuesday. Not surewhat Monk can do about this
? The pressure is on and it's clear to see. We're in a rut and it's going to
take some real character to get out of this position.

Scores:

Green – 4 had nothing to do for most of the game. Looks abit small for me, not
commanding enough.

Ayling – 4 I think he’s prettyaverage, just a run of the millright back with a
shit haircut.

Taylor – 5. Did more going forward than anyone on the left

Bartley – 6. Looked pretty solid.

Jansson – 5. Did his bit to get the Kop going after onegreat tackle. He also
won a lot of headers and really didn’t do much wrong fora central defensive
debut but he did look at times like he didn’t really know whathe was doing.

Philips – 4. His set pieces were awful – why is he takingthem ? I thought he
contributed well in the first 45 minutes but he fadedbadly. Why Monk persisted
with him for the full match was mind boggling? Healso has little pace which
actually applies to most of the team.

Bridcutt – 6. I thought he worked hard and put some goodchallenges in but he
was second best against Mooy today.

Sacko – 2. Just didn’t see any of the ball. Is he really aright winger  ?

Wood – 1. A shocking performance. Has to be dropped.

Antonsson – 4. Wasn’t effective but at least he chased andcaused a nuisance of
himself now and again. The crowd was not impressed when hewas replaced by
Doukara in preference to Wood.

Subs:

Doukara and Roofe had no impact.

So, does Monk know what he’s doing ? Steve Evans said thatmost of Monk’s
signings were on his list and Bridcutt was Evan’s player ?

It’s very worrying.