Thanks Dave,
great report.
:-)
 Verner tHe LiTtLe YeLlOw DaFfOdIl @}-,-'--

      From: "nat...@sky.com" <nat...@sky.com>
 To: Leeds List <leedslist@gn.apc.org>
 Sent: Thursday, 26 January 2017, 10:35
 Subject: [LU] Forest

'Normal service has been resumed' should be the headline for this game, as ,
after the Barnsley bip, Pontus returned to central defence, and a clean sheet
and a home victory returned. However there will always be one split second in
this game that means it will never be 'normal' - the second when Doukara became
Yeboah. If you have not seen the goal, find it and watch it, again and again as
we have Yeboahs v Liverpool. It was a volley of truly epic proportions, I still
prefer Yeboahs mainly for the noise as the ball hits the bar before the net,
but this was just as good technique wise and power wise. A corner to us (we are
getting good at scoring from these) and Pablo put it over in the air and the
defender headed clear, well he thought he had, what he did was head it to where
Doukara was stood having just come on, and he met it on the volley - bang and
it flew into the top corner, a cracking goal. As soon as the celebrations and
gasps of disbelief died down my mate, shouted 'Yeboah,Yeboah' a chant that was
sang by most of the near 25k a minute later. This really was a class strike,
lets hope it enables Doukara to step up another gear (I am still convinced,
despite his improvement that there is more to come)As I said we are getting
good at scoring from corners and this goal from Doukara sealed the game, a game
which we thought was won when Wood bundled home from a few yards out after a
corner by Pablo was headed goalwards by Bartley - similar to his goal at
Barnsley. These goals were just rewards for an excellent second half in which
Bridcutt especially was outstanding (happy Andrew) and was man of the match. He
was here there and everywhere, making interceptions, tackles and blocks and
driving the others forward, ably assisted for the most part (a few wayward
passes apart) by the returning O'Kane as we were able to rest Vierra.
The first half did not really give any indication of the drama to come , it was
quite flat with neither team creating any real chances (I was a bit late into
the ground but arrived to hear fans clapping and praising Green for a good
save) Forest looked better than their league position suggests and passed and
moved quite well but with Pontus back and Bartley the rock he has been all
season they never got near our goal. We were equally ineffective, Dallas is not
good enough for us any more but he did try hard, Roofe and Hernandez
interchanged and interplayed but nothing really came off for them,and Wood
worked his socks off , harrying and chasing down defenders. He did get the ball
in the net early on but was adjudged offside, and he should have scored near
the end from open play when a good move ended with a cross into the box where
Wood had slipped his defender and the ball came to him in the centre of the
goal right on the six yard line - surely this is number 3 we all thought- but
no, he somehow got it all wrong and miscontrolled the ball. His detractors
would have had (and still may) a field day with this  miss but since his other
was the 20th of the season and he played so well last night I think we can
forgive him one blip.
We miss Sacko . his explosive pace and his unpredictability bring something
different to the table, but this was a good solid performance, a deserved 3
points, a deserved clean sheet and a game that will always be remembered for
THAT Doukara goal