I agree, pretty mixed so far but with a belief that we are going in the right
directionIt is a shame we could not build on last season with Monk, Wood,
Bartley, Green and Taylor. In some ways last season became a write off. Having
said that and (this will no doubt make the anti Cellino people mad) we did get
a lot a fans back due to the amazing 'play offs or money back' promotion.
I am not sure how successful it is at this level with the manager not picking
the players to sign (a lot easier higher up the Leagues when you are buying
good players) - the fact that Kiltch and Cibiski have not had a single look-in
suggests that maybe TC did not choose them. I get that it is up to them to
impress in training etc but neither have been given any sort of chance on the
pitch
Saiz is an absolute breath of fresh air and I do like Alioski when he is doing
well ( which he is at present) and like the fact that unlike Monk and his
safety first attitude TC does seem to want to win each game and is willing to
play these two and Hernandez in the same team
We do have problems - the keeper the obvious one- we do not seem to play to
Lasoggas strengths, given the right service he is capable of out scoring Wood.
TC is also reluctant to change the formation / shape of the team. The idea of
Lasogga and Ekuban (or Roofe) as a geniune front two on occasion with Saiz
pulling the strings behind them has got to be worth a try
I suppose it is a case of so far so good with plenty of room for improvement.
What we need now is stability, so we can build on the foundations, not start
every season with a new squad and a new manager
Radz does seem to have his finger on the pulse and is making a lot of right
moves - certainly a step up after the bent Bates, the incompetent GFH and the
unpredictable Cellino. Radz has a plan and seems to listen to what fans etc
want. Not sure what money he has and where it is coming from (I do worry that
he is a TV man and his ultimate aim is to get his hands on our TV money with
new TV rights etc)
Looking forward to Friday night- a big test but one we are capable of
overcoming. A good result should be a springboard to us getting back into the
top six in the New Year (think Wolves will run away with the title)
Dave