Much talk of the refereeing standard in this game, but apart from that, I
thought Brentford is  probably one of the best sides we've met this season
and, ironically, using our own style of intense and high pressing tactics,
did it better than us on our own back yard. Some of our medicine kind of
thing. I don't know if this is Brentford's normal pace and style of play,
but their game plan worked very well and they out did us in many areas. In
particular, winning more 50/50 and 2nd ball battles. Thankfully the
finishing opportunities that this created were squandered, otherwise we
might have been on the losing end .

Heads didn't drop though and we went on to equalise which was a real credit
to the mentality,  outlook and dedication of the players. It was 100mph
stuff for long periods and for the neutral (and probably the teams'
supporters too) great entertainment. I became more concerned as the game
progressed that we didn't really look like scoring whereas Brentford's
chances were wasted.  This is the type of game that we might have lost at
the same stage last season. I can see why the ref gave their penalty - he
seemed in a good position to decide but didn't have the endless replays that
the TV audience benefited from and bought their strikers falling over.  Then
there was Jansson's hauling down of their striker on the edge of the box
which we should be grateful didn't result in another penalty for them, given
his clear leaning towards them. I still remember Arsenal's unbeaten season
around 2003. I'm sure that they must have had bad decisions against them and
their fair share of poor refs - all teams do - it averages out I suppose, so
this was one of our bad experiences which we didn't lose! Although 50 games
without a penalty might make me reconsider.....

All in all, I think out of the two manager's Bielsa must have ended up the
happier. All this, of course, without Hernandez, Roofe and Beradi.