From: Leedslist <leedslist-boun...@gn.apc.org> On Behalf Of Richard Walker via
Leedslist
Sent: 09 July 2019 17:29
To: Leeds List <leedslist@gn.apc.org>; Robert Heath <heathpalai...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [LU] Pontus Jansson's tragic

 I thought Jansson was a revelation when he arrived at Leeds and that season
under Monk he and Bartley sorted out our defence which had been a problem for
years that nobody had resolved. I liked the fact we just said to Pontus you
just attack the ball and clear it. It worked. Since then it's been up and down
for him. I still think he's our best defender but he's fragile and for a hard
man he makes a real meal of his injuries. At times he is embarrassing, one
minute nearly dead, the next up and at them. I think it was a massive mistake
to put him on the bench against Derby in the play-offs in preference to Cooper
and Beradi. Whether it would have changed the result I don't know but Cooper
and Beradi (and Casilla) were a mess for that match. It's obvious that Pontus
is his own man and does things that annoys others and you can see Bielsa not
liking that so it's no surprise that he's been moved on. I think it's a decent
price because I think Jansson's fitness and injuries will become more of a
problem. The obvious worry is where is the replacement ? We wait for news of
transfers in but why do I think they might not be any. Just announcement of
contract renewals.
    On Tuesday, 9 July 2019, 13:48:19 BST, Robert Heath