Like you a bit of both trepidation and confidenceTrepidation in that the
defence must be weaker unless by some miracle White is better than Pontus - the
brief glimpses of White v lower level teams seesm to suggest he is good with
the ball but no idea of his defensive capabilities but given how dominant PJ
was in the air defending corners under Christianson that would take some
doing.Other than that Cooper will be Cooper - strong and reliable for the
majority of the time but with catastrphic errors from time to time - Berardi
will be Berardi but a year older.
Douglas should be better than last year if he keeps injury free and Casilla
should have learnt from his half season
Overall though the defence will be weaker ?
Also I do worry that we have been 'found out' insomuch as teams will know how
to combat us better than last time
Finally even Bielsa has questioned whether the players can reach the same
levels even though that quote does seem to be a misunderstanding in some ways
So whilst I don't go for the 'oh shit we been hammered by Scum' and ' after
losing behind closed doors yesterday we are facing relegation' line I do have a
number of worries , especially since we still seem to miss more than we score
and the fans are already on Bamfords back and Roofe and Roberts are injured
On the positive sign we have Costa who looks the business, Clarke has, in
effect stayed, Harrison is looking very confident and sharp in pre season (for
what that is worth) and Shackleton has shown he is good enough at this
levelBogusz is also looking a real find, though at 17 or whatever we cannot
rely on him week in week outEdmondson also looks a real goal scorer but I worry
that Bielsa does not rate him and he is not a Bielsa-type player
Keep more players fit and we should be able to start off (not where we ended
up) but in the same manner we played most of last season
At the end of the day time will tell and we will have a better idea in a few
weeks once the season is under way - whatever I am really looking forward to it
Dave
    On Tuesday, 23 July 2019, 13:15:43 BST, Kevin Lewis (UK SBS)