Feeling a bot ropey this morning - 6 pints and a pie on a school night. Can't
do that anymore.
My thoughts are that it was good to see us digging out a win especially the 2nd
half rather than having 70+% of possession, dominating and then conceding a
late goal.
We were never allowed to play our own game against a lively but in my opinion
average Baggies team. Again we saw big gaps in our midfield as Klich went
wandering and Philips was left struggling against pace. Shackleton was left to
do a lot of work and he did. It was his best 45 minutes in a Leeds shirt and it
was a shame he got injured because he was keeping us alive. Second half he was
replaced by Roberts and we struggled. West Brom took control and it only seemed
like a matter of time before they equalised. Bielsa then subbed the sub when he
realised that Roberts wasn't working as a number 10 so we saw Ayling come on a
right back and Dallas moved to centre midfield no doubt to use his pace in
tracking some very lively Baggies midfielders (especially the guy with the
hair), but it was pretty shocking to see Dallas didn't have a clue what to do
in midfield - he was totally lost. Incredible really. This meant we had to hang
on and play on the occassional break.
Overall, this was a great win against an unbeaten team. Being realistic, I
think if we're looking to play with 2 wingers then our starting midfield
Shackleton, Klich and Philips isn't good enough for promotion.
Kiko - 7. Some good saves to keep us in it.
Dallas - 5. I thought for the first time for a while he looked like a right
winger playing at right back. He was terrorised and you saw that he is not a
natural defender. Completely lost it 2nd half.
Allioski - 6. Also thought he struggled defensively throughout the night but he
did get the winner. Was there a deflection ?
Cooper - 6. Got injured as he always does and now we'll see whether the
decision not to get another centre back was a good one ?
White - 8. I thought he held the patched up defence together at times and also
did ok with the ball moving forward much more effectively than Philips did.
Philips - 4. I think he's struggled last few games. West Brom were pacey and he
lost possession a few times as he was not allowed to play his casual,
deliberate play that he likes. I still maintain that as well as Philips has
done he's not good enough to be the main man in a team looking for promotion
and that is mainly down to his lack of pace and acceleration. Completely
ineffective last night.
Shackleton - 8. My man of the match even though he only played 45 mins. Was a
one man midfield at times.
Klich - 5. Continuing his poor run of form. He runs a lot but his output is
nothing. Has forgotten how to shoot.
Costa - 8. Had a poor game against CHarlton but had his best game last night.
Looked dangerous and one or two good efforts.
Harrison - 5. Someone on Twitter gave him man of the match ?? Yes he probably
sees more of the ball than anyone, yes he gets himself into some great
positions but almost without fail he messes up with the final ball. in the 2nd
half last night he dribbled his way brillaintly into the box and only had the
keeper in front of him. He nearly tripped over himself and ran the ball out for
a goalkick. Incredible.
Bamford - 7. Worked hard. Everyone going completely OTT though in my opinion.
Never looked like scoring. I'd give Eddie a start.
Subs:
Ayling - 7. Did what was needed.
Roberts - 3. Didn't do what was needed and got subbed.
someone else came on but I can't remember who it was.
Milwall next ...

    On Wednesday, 2 October 2019, 07:29:24 BST, Nick <n...@6haroldplace.co.uk>