For me, playing at wing back is Dallas's position. Since he arrived I have
constantly questioned what exactly is he and what position is he most suited. I
think he's found it at wing back and for me he gets that position over Ayling.
He has improved his defensive play despite not being a natural right back but
he offers so much going forward. His goal against Stoke away showing that he is
devasting when breaking out of defence. Ayling might be a more experienced
right back but doesn't offer as much going forward.
Could you play Dallas in front of Ayling as a right winger. Possibly but then I
think you lose that element of surprise as he breaks out of defence, finds the
space and surges forward. As a right back he will receive the bal in midfield
and then be expected beat his man which as Costa and Harrison frequently show
us is not easy.
So give Dallas the number 2 shirt for me. I also think he can get better and
play in the premier league. I feel Ayling is firmly rooted in the Championship.
I don't think Dallas is a Madeley though. He looked lost at left back although
tried his best to switch inside and shoot/cross with his right foot. Also when
he's played in midfield he's not been as effective.
For me, Dallas is the most improved player at the club but that's because we've
found his position but now Bielsa is fucking around with him.

    On Tuesday, 19 November 2019, 16:49:32 GMT, Robert Heath
<heathpalai...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Brilliant insightful analysis. Thank you.