Not only that, but he played our best right back in midfield (again!). I gave
up believing a long time ago.

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Walker via Leedslist <leedslist@gn.apc.org>
To: Leeds List <leedslist@gn.apc.org>
Sent: Sun, Feb 9, 2020 6:52 am
Subject: [LU] Forest

I think this was the only time I've watched Leeds this season and thought that
to a man they were poor. Poor passing, poor control, poor set pieces ...
eveything was poor. I do think Harrison's final ball is poor 75% fhe time but
how do explain some of those misplaced passes last night ? How do you explain
the throwing from Ayling straight into touch, how do you explain Costa who beat
his man everytime against Millwall not managing to do that once ?
Yes, they're a big awkward, championship team and we saw that at Elland Road.
Little ability but they've got height and have a manager who promotes a hard
work ethic. So I think they are difficult opposition for a passing team like us
but that does not excuse some of our play.
It certainly doesn't excuse our keeper, who is now makng schoolboy errors on a
weekly basis. Beaten at his near post twice recently is criminal for a keeper
reportedly pulling in top wages. We've seen Meslier against Arsenal and know he
can do a job and I liked the look of the lad who played for the U23s on Friday
night. Get one of them in for Brentford.
One thing nobody has discussed is Bielsa and his tactics. Playing Ayling at
centre back and White as holding midfield player. What the fuck ? If we're
absolutely going to insist we have to play every fucking game with a holding
midfielder then surely we've got a midfielder at the club who can play that
positiion in Philips's absence ? Yes Bielsa will point out that his second
person for that role in his inflexible 2 players per position rule is long term
injured (Forshaw) so why the fuck haven't we brought someone in during the
transfer window to do that role and cover Philips ? Rather than bring in
another winger who can't get in the team and a forward who is not fit ? It's
madness and Bielsa and his narrow minded obsessions are beginning to get on my
tits.
Yes, we've seen White stroll though the midfield and play some decent balls but
what from that tells you he can play midfield ? He's a fucking centre back, our
best centre back, and Bielsa makes a decision to play the most important game
of our season with a right back at centre back and our best centre back in
midfield ? Totally naive football management that I would expect from Kevin
Blackwell and the Hock but not the great Bielsa, the masterful tactician and
the bloke who has won fuck all and looks like winning fuck all at Leeds.
Rant over, but I was livid last night. Some of White's contributions last night
were terrible and I felt sorry for the lad.
We're struggling, I think Bielsa is struggling but we're still there and we
still have to believe.