This was clearly a Crowley brother’s tactic to unnerve our young keeper but it
didn’t work coz they just kept conceding free kicks

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Sunday, March 8, 2020, 10:46 am, john <j...@boocock.net> wrote:

Nick is right about the Dog Botherers' corners. Conversely, Leeds were clearly
working to a much more sophisticated plan for their corners, seemingly looking
for ways to score from the balls that might possibly arrive in the right place
(and quite often didn't). The other Huddersfield tactic was to do their best to
get any Leeds player sent off with a double yellow (they clearly went for
Ayling). The crap teams in this league really do create a set of problems for
us.Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Nick <n...@6haroldplace.co.uk> Date:
08/03/2020  09:59  (GMT+00:00) To: "leeds list leedslist@gn.apc.org"
<leedslist@gn.apc.org> Subject: [LU] Fwd:  Hudds only other thing of note was
all that buggering about with their corners in the first half…the ref needing
to speak to the captains two or three times…made me worry that they might
disrupt enough to bundle one in…(clearly the plan).> Begin forwarded message:>
> From: nattan--- via Leedslist <leedslist@gn.apc.org>> Subject: [LU] Hudds>
Date: 8 March 2020 at 09:49:42 GMT> To: leeds list <leedslist@gn.apc.org>>
was the taunt towards Huddersfield fans, just slightly less offensive than "
kiko casilla" which a few fans tried, without success,  to get going.As for
kilos replacement,  Meslier,  we still have no idea if he is any good- last
game he had no saves to make but made more passes than any Hull player,
yesterday I recall 2 shots at him, one nearly went through his legs but he
managed to trap it between them , later a shot bounced just in front of him but
he stopped it, so , so far so good, and he does look composed and confident >
This was a game that was basically over in the first 5 minutes  -  a good bit
of play, then a great cross by Harrison and the finish by Ayling was
astonishing and unbelievable,  I didn't know he had it in him, as he volleyed
it thigh high into the net, a brilliant start,  and from then on I never felt
hudds had anything to worry us> We totally controlled the game for the rest of
the half without really working the keeper. Harrison had a great shot, after
another flowing move,  but it just flashed by the post, and we nearly got one
of our breathtaking break away goals but the final ball by Costa was just a bit
too much in front if Bamford > At half time I said I would prefer a 2 0 with
Bamford scoring rather than 4 nil without him getting one ( unfortunately for
once the footballing gods paid heed) and within 5mins of the second half the
contest was good as over. Ben White, who had a header just wide in the first
half, met a free kick by Harrison and the keeper did well to get a hand to it,
but it fell to Bamford and he fired home from a yard out. His celebrations,
those of the crowd and those of his team mates, showed how pleased for him
everyone was, and what a relief for him. Hopefully he will go on one his
scoring runs now > We saw out the rest of the game with no scares and the only
question was 'would we score more?' Well we came mightily close, Roberts on for
a cameo (as was Shackleton) led another quick breakaway but again the final
ball was just too close to the keeper. Harrison who was so unlucky with his
rasping shot v Hull that hit the woodwork,  almost bettered it as a jinking run
past 4 or 5 defenders led to him turning back on himself and firing in a shot
that beat the keeper but came back off the post> At times their goal was under
siege at other times we just kept the ball and toyed with them as we were a
class above> With Forest now out of the picture and Fulham dropping 2 points at
lunchtime all eyes turned to west brom and their failure to win meant we are
top the league, I say we are top the league> So another great day all round and
now 7 pts between us and 3rd with only 9 to go, and 5 wins in 5 all with a
clean sheet. Whilst I am taking it one game at a time, it could be all but over
in 10 days if we beat Cardiff  ( we owe them for the 3 0 to 3 3 game which
started our blip) and then beat Fulham which would put us at least 10 clear of
them > Another 3 pts and put , I was going to say 'noisy neighbours ' as they
say round thses parts but they were silent yesterday, so our silent neighbours
back in their box (? kennel)> On and on> Dave> > >