They have the goal line technology for the Lampard scenario (not VAR). That
was all that was required. The rest has become a hot mess.
Nick
    On Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 01:51:27 PM EST, n...@6haroldplace.co.uk
<n...@6haroldplace.co.uk> wrote:

 I’m not a fan of VAR. I always thought it a sledgehammer to crack a nut.
English commentariat got itself all excited after Lampard’s ‘goal’ against
Germany and demanded ‘something be done’. But across a season decisions evened
out, pre-VAR...now we’ve actually legislated ‘in’ interference.

They’re having to create a raft of secondary rules about when it is used and
when not.

A system that doesn’t penalise Everton’s keeper for that wild foul, but
disallows Bamford’s goal is not fit for purpose.

Sent from my iPad

Dorigo's Right Buttock...