I'm coming a week late to the party, sorry for that......

First of all I think that Ed is spot on. Cricket has got it right and
football hasn't and football needs to swallow its pride (sic!) and copy a
winning formula - especially including only invoking VAR if the ref is
"challenged" by a team captain for a perceived injustice.

However I'm less in-line (sorry) with Kev's original post, if only because
the offside line for Bamford's disallowed goal seems to compare Bamford's
T-shirt line to the defender's body line (see the freeze frame on
Facebook). So comparing apples to apples, Bamford was not offside!

God I hate international weekends :)

Damian