From: "Alec McQueen" <alec...@gmail.com>
To: "Guy Bonello" <guybone...@gmail.com>
Cc: "leeds list leedslist@gn.apc.org" <leedslist@gn.apc.org>
Sent: Monday, 4 Jan, 21 At 01:02
Subject: Re: [LU] Spurs
Why would MB not re-sign? He must be having the time of his life... he has free rein to do what he wants, he has a project that has Bielsa stamped all over it, the football quality and style he is orchestrating is being heralded by close to everyone, he is being moderately successful in the best league in the world with decidedly average players (he knows they are average and so does Rad), everyone at the club worships him, and his boss has seen him just quadruple the value of his investment (that’s the way to pease a businessman!) Please let me know if you know of anyone who is going to walk away from that. 2 things left for him to achieve before he clears off to somewhere else: win something (most likely a cup), and create the dynasty with a mini-Bielsa installed to succeed him. Give him 2 more seasons after this one to achieve both of those. We will then be firmly re-established as a stable premier league club, the Leeds brand will be synonymous with speed, style and quality, and we will have another club legend forever. Re signings: why would we not improve our squad if we could? You get 2 chances to do this each year, why would you throw one of them away? Makes no sense to me.