Funny stories no, but memories yes.

I used to live near to White Hart Lane and after football matches we'd work
through the thousands of discarded cigarette boxes in the hope that we'd
find a cigarette or two that we would then try to sell. I only remember
being successful once. For the rest of that 1971 football season though,
we'd ask the people coming out of games if they had any old pennies they
didn't want (and couldn't spend). However for a few months you could
actually still spend them in multiples of 6. We'd easily make a good
shilling each at the start because nobody begrudged the odd penny that they
couldn't spend to little kids.

However, the happy memories of that Spring were soon overshadowed by West
Bludy Brom.....

Damian