Couldn't get to sleep last night after that performance. Yes I felt it was time
for Bielsa to go but not to be replaced by this, which is the worst of
Heckingbottom, Blackwell and Warnock. Marsch has a difficult job but when it
was said that he is the ideal person to replace Bielsa because he plays the
same pressing, attacking style nothing could be further from the truth.
He is trying to make us compact by packing the midfield and bringing the
wingers more central. This totally negates any attacking options we have. We
were all about fast movment from defence to attack, down the wings with
overlapping wing backs. That's gone, Bielsa ball is dead and we're left with
midfielders who are not midfielders on the ball not knowing what to do. As
performances go that's the most clueless I've seen us since the Heckingbottom
days. Ok we've suffered some bad defeats under Bielsa recently but in those
games we kept going and still created chances. We didn't create anything that
troubled their keeper last night. The crowd got on the backs of the players and
when their 3rd went in a chant of Marcelo Bielsa echoed around the ground and
then a large number of fans actually left. The ground was half empty by the
final whistle.
A bloke behind me shouted "This is the sort of shit we used to see before
Bielsa came" - he was spot on. Clueless, pedestrian with players playing out of
position. Koch is a disaster in midfield. All the fans can see it but yet the
coach can't. Bielsa was the same although I'd argue he had a specific role
('the Philips') role which is more of a sweeper  whereas Marsch is playing Koch
as a fully fledged midfielder who was actually playing in an advanced role at
times and actually had one of our best chances second half. In a true central
defender playing in midfield style he blasted into the safe seating rail
section (whatever the feck that is !?).
Then we've got Ayling playing a centre back. Who told Marsch that Ayling was a
centre back ? Yes he filled in at times under Bielsa but only when we've had
injuries to most of our central defenders. Now we've got a German international
defender playing in midfield and a Spanish international defender on the bench.
Surely Ayling to right back, Koch to central defence and Dallas into midfield
would have been the obvious ?
Ayling and Struijk for me would worry me in the championship but against
Countinho and Ings we're always going to be in trouble. It could have been more
than 3. Struijk continues to disappoint me and he was skinned badly on one
occassion. I don't think he's premiership ... yet
The main problem for Marsch is that he's packing the midfield but we haven't
got any midfielders ! He's a manager who needed to get players in January to
meet his tactics. There's little point in asking Raph to play central midfield
which is where he found himself.
My overall view is of complete depression knowing that the Bielsa years are
over and we're back to this type of football. Maybe Marsch will get it right in
the Summer but I just can't see him turning this team around and playing the
tactics he wants. Bamford will help but is he fit ?
We need to get behind the players and manager for the Norwich game. THe crowd
were quick to get on their backs last night and the boos at half-time were the
loudest for many a year. There was no 2nd half rallying after the initial
promising 10 mins and we threw in the towel.
It's going to be hard.
scores:
Miesler - 7. Some decent saves  to keep us in it first half
Dallas - 4. Really struggled at right back
Firpo - 1. He's been a disaster. Eitehr injured or ineffective. Always fouling
and getting booked because he doesn't know how to defend. He's njured now and I
think that's the best for the team. We have missed Allioski this season. I'dtry
to get him back but then again Marsch would probably play him in central
midfield.
Sruijk - 3. Passsing poor, defending poor. Has been poor for a few games now.

Ayling - 5. At least he put some tackles in and tried to push forward but he's
no central defender
Forshaw - 4. That was his worst game for Leeds
Koch - 2 Awful / out of position
Raphinha - 6. Our best player on the night
Rodrigo - 0. Bloody rubbish - gave the ball away everytime he got it. What a
disaster he has been and I really liked the look of him last season at times
Harrison - 1. Not much better than Rodrigo
James - 4. Lots of effort but not effective. Another player , playing out of
position

Subs:
Joffy - 5. Tried but I'm going to say this lad is not ready for the first team
yet
Klich - 0 nothing
Bamford - 5.
Happy Friday All. FFS !