So long Jesse Marsch, we hardly knew you. In truth we all hated you from the start , with your American ways and tight white trousers šŸ˜.

Seriously though, the board has to make the right appointment now.Ā  It will determine whether we consolidate over the next few years, or continue to struggle with one manager after another. A Potter (Brighton version) would be nice. Have a team which punches above its weight, bloodying a few big noses along the way.Ā  Let's face it - unless the 49-ners have more money to throw away, sorry invest, we will not reach the dizzy heights of the top five / six.Ā  And that will be fine with me and, and I suspect most of us here.

I would be interested to know who the list think might be the right man for the job.Ā  Talk so far has been of Corberan, Pochettino and Bielsa. All three should be able to get more out of this squad.Ā  If it was up to me, I'd try to get Pochettino until the end of the season and give him the option of staying if he keeps us up. If Bielsa feels he has learnt something new and wants to take up the reins again, I would be happy with that as well.

For now it seems Chris "Brutus" Armas will be the guy in charge, which is weird given his friendship with Marsch.Ā  Lets hope we don't keep him after beating the scum in the next two games.

As for Marsch, he will likely get another gig sometime soon, and maybe will have learned from his experience here, and become a better coach.Ā  He seems a nice guy so best of luck to him.

It is times like this that I miss the Voice of Football. I'm sure Chantal would have a pome for Jesse. šŸ˜‚