As Dave says, we don't seem to be at all ready. I can't see Leeds getting
going early enough to make a real promotion challenge. I'm hoping the 49
ers injection, the parachute payment and another transfer window to sort
things out might just give us a chance of sneaking into the play offs.

I'd like to revise my evaluation of the Radrizanni/Orta years in the light
of this summer.  Both must be to blame for the contracts which allowed 6
players who cost £85 mil to leave for essentially nothing.  Also the
refusal to accept even the possibility of relegation in the setting up of
the 49ers take over, delayed everything in the close season.

So whilst getting rid of the previous regime, buying back the ground,
sorting out debts and getting Bielsa, should have made them an unqualified
success, they have left us in a pretty bad way now.

The mess of the Augustin deal, and the embarrassment surrounding the
non-signings of Cuisance, Bamba-Dieng and James (the first time) did not
give me much confidence in their abilities.

As to how the obvious deficiencies in the squad will show up on the pitch,
we will soon find out.