Might be a bit premature given the Ipswich result but it’s beginning to feel a
bit like the end of Bielsa in that teams seem to know how to play against
Farke’s slow, predictable 159 passes build up play by putting men behind the
ball and making sure there’s no room to play and then they know they’ll get a
chance from a set piece or counter and win the game.
Hopefully we’ll stuff Brum and Farke will somehow change his tactics for away
games.
Darkow - 5. Strangely had nothing to do but what he did was poor.
Spence - 5. Disappointed at his best position but a lot of that might have been
down to Gnonto who really didn’t help going forwards
Byram- 5. Did ok first half , unlucky with the goal
Rodon- 7. Battled hard
Cooper - 6. Thought he did ok
Gruev - 5. It was his best showing for us and he saw a lot of the ball but he
is just a ball pusher and not a creator.
Ampadu - 6. Worked hard but doesn’t have the creativity
Gnonto - 4. Should have had a pen but apart from that he looked rusty. Needs
more game time but probably won’t get it after this.
Summerville- 5. Trying hard but it’s difficult to receive the ball and beat the
5 men that are lined up in front of you.
Rutter - 6. Ditto but did have some success. Should have scored first half. Not
a no 9
Piroe - 2. Totally ineffective as our no 10
Subs:James - 7. Made an impact
Bamford - 5 BUT for me he shows there is another option by playing over the top
and running on to balls. It’s obvious though that Farke isn’t practicing this
in training though cos we can’t do it at the moment but for me it’s Bamford in
at no 9 in the New Year.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Friday, December 29, 2023, 10:26 pm, Simon McNally <simon_mcna...@sky.com>