From: Leedslist <leedslist-boun...@gn.apc.org> on behalf of Ed Morrish
<edmorr...@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, April 13, 2024 12:13:42 PM
To: list leedslist <leedslist@gn.apc.org>
Subject: [LU] Scared?

I was talking to an Ipswich mate, and my general assessment of them is they’ve
had an amazing season, but if they go up they’ll get battered every week - they
simply won’t score enough goals against PL defences. His response was that if
they didn’t go up, he was scared that they’d lose McKenna (presumably to West
Han or Brighton, if vacancies arrive).

So what are we scared of, if we don’t go up? I think we see the breakup of this
team, and that’s worries me. It’s not like Bielsa’s first season, where we kept
the team we had. We WILL lose - have to lose, financially - players like
Gnonto, Cree and Rutter. Maybe not Archie this year, but DF would be starting
from scratch and you never really know how a player is going to bed in, and if
that causes the same disruption in September that the comings and goings caused
last September, we could find ourselves chasing the pack once again.

I just hope that we’ve done some work on the outcasts - what happens to
Harrison, Aaronson, Rasmus et al - if we are still an EFL team next year…

Ed.

Dave Dowden, a legend, a Totty Twin, a pie man! R.I.P.