Dear Everyone,

Some of you may be aware the Government has released a Discussion Paper on
proposed changes to how property is divided upon marriage breakdown. (The
Discussion Paper is available on the web at http://law.gov.au/mpl)

The National Women's Legal Services Network has released an Issues Paper in
response to the Discussion Paper to assist women in understanding what the
Government is proposing and the impact of some of the proposed changes upon
women.

If you have not already received a copy, please telephone on 02 6257 4377
or email us and we will be more than happy to send you or email you a copy.
Alternatively, you will find the Issues Paper on the web at
http://www.nwjc.org.au/wlsn/

The National Women's Legal Services Network is encouraging organisations to
prepare their own submission or to forward responses to us (either by fax,
post or email). We had proposed an original closing date for responses to
be 18 June 1999 - however we are extending this date to 28 June 1999.

Please forward this through your networks

Regards,

Juliette Ford
[EMAIL PROTECTED]