G'day.
We are writing a book called DIRECTORY TO ENVIRONMENTAL ACTION that we
would love you to help us with if you could spare a bit of time!!

The plan is to put together a collection of as many actions as we can think
of and turn them into an accessible resource for grass roots groups. We
hope that the book will be full of creative, empowering, non-violent direct
actions that will save activists some stress and spark a bit of
inspiration. The book will also inform readers about some of the risks
involved,and give some indication of the amount of planning and
organisation needed to bring these actions to life. We also hope that the
book will be a way of giving recognition for some of the amazing work that
you've all been doing! If you agree, well include your names, state and
smily faces as well. (we're still getting legal advice on all of this)

  SO.

What we would love you to do is to tell us about as many actions as you'd
like, and tell us WHEN and WHERE it happened. Describe the action with as
much context and explanation as you think you'll need, but we might have to
edit things a bit later on so that each of the actions are in a standard
format and easy to read. A couple of images of the action would be much
appreciated too, because we want it to loud as speccy as possible!

We will aslo have a key for each action to give readers an instant
understanding of a few factors that we feel are fundamental for most
actions. Please try to include some details for all of the following
categories as best you can. (One set for each action.)

1 The INTENSITY of the action. (potential for injury, damage or arrest etc)

2 the NUMBER OS PEOPLE you think is necessary or best for this type of
action. (perhaps a minimum and maximum if you feel its appropriate)

3 the LENGTH of time you feel needs to be committed to the organisation of
this action.

4 An indication of what RESOURCES are essential/useful to have. eg: paint,
speakers, vehicles. kitchens, buckets, money etc.

5 whether or not you feel this action is one you would recommend to be
SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN

We don't want to make any definitions of what an action is.......so please
feel free to include things like community garden projects, setting up a
co-op, exhibitions........it's up to you.

If you could pass this email on to all those you think might be interested,
that would be great. Maybe you could take this to your next meeting if
you're involved with a group.

And please send all your replies (with some way that we can contact you if
necessary) to:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

and all snail mail to:
Paul Brown
PO box 286
Heathcote 3523, vic          (for images etc)

Thanks a million. If you have any questions or want to know things in more
detail, just drop us a line.

Can't wait to hear from you all

love from Charlotte McCabe and Paul Brown
                   oxoxoxoxoxo

Eric Vigo
Secretary & Committee member
Community Lands Access Network Inc. (CLAN) - A0036455F (Vic)
Address         Level 2, Ross House
                247 Flinders Lane, Melbourne VIC 3000
Ph              03 9654 4313
Fax             03 9650 3689