Dear All,

If you have any hot David and Goliath stories for journalist Helen Chryssides,
of successes in environment campaigning, please contact her direct:

                         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Thanks

I am looking for stories with a particular focus and was wondering
whether you might be able to advise.The theme is how small communities
have organised themselves to resist the unwanted activities of
organisations, multinationals and so forth.The community, perhaps led by
someone who had never thought of getting involved in such an activity,
banded together to galvanise powerful instituations and companies into
changing their thinking to meet the needs and desires of the
communities.

Does anything spring to mind  - not necessarily in the area of GM foods
but right across the board? This can be people resisting the building of
another MacDonalds , protesting against the destruction of wilderness to
build a sewage farm or whatever. I'm looking for David and Goliath
stories and ones that have been completed and won, success stories of
ordinary individuals, whho have perhaps enlisted the help of well-known
identities.

Can you suggest any other individuals or organisations I can contact?

I look forward to hearing from you,

With best wishes,

Helen Chryssides
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>