(forwarded message)

As people may be aware, there is a WTO mini-ministerial being organised
in Sydney, November 14-15. This only gives us six weeks or so to
organise the biggest and broadest protests against this illegitimate
organisation and its drive to enforce ``free trade'', immiseration and
environmental destruction on the world's people.

There are a range of different protests already being organised. Some of
these include a ``Free movement of people'' march on November 13, 5pm at
Town Hall, and a unity march starting at 12 noon on November 14 at Hyde
Park.

In addition, we would like to announce the launch of a new  collective.
We're calling ourselves the Direct Action Collective, and see ourselves
as a part of the NoWTO network.

We are committed to shutting the WTO mini-ministerial down, and want to
facilitate the biggest and most accessible direct action space around
the meeting. We want this to be action that non-networked people can
find and participate in, and that existing activists can organise
around. We speak for no one but ourselves, but we intend to speak really
really loudly.

We have had confirmation that the Stamford Plaza Hotel in Double Bay is
going to accommodate the WTO delegates while they are in Sydney. In the
absence of a confirmed venue for the meeting itself we are calling for a
convergence of people who want to shut the meeting down at 7am, Stamford
Plaza Hotel, Double Bay, on November 14.
[
You can find it at 33 Cross St. See circle on MAP at
http://www.NoWTO.cat.org.au/map.gif
]
We are going to meet weekly, Wednesday 6pm at UTS Student's Association
(Level 3, Tower Building). We call on anyone who wants to be involved in
this, or existing affinity groups working around similar ideas, to get
in touch with us or to come along Wednesdays.

We would also like to remind people that there is a spokescouncil coming
up on Wednesday October 16, 6pm at UTS. Everyone interested in informing
others of actions they are organising, or discussing common actions with
others should consider coming along.

The Direct Action Collective of the No WTO network.

Check out the website at
http://www.NoWTO.cat.org.au/