Hi Curt..

Good to hear from you in your ever optimistic manner..!
What I made was a 3 axis cnc router, using the porter cable 7518 from
my legacy.. As I mentioned, it is all in bits at the moment and my
workshop looks like an explosion in a hardware store..! Am making a
mount for my 4 jaw concentric chuck, and am using a tailstock picked
up from a scrapyard.. I used the cnc to cut slots in the bed so I
could insert T track which the tailstock will slide along.. Got to
design a gib locking system for the tailstock too..

Will take pics and do a video on youtube and will post them here if
you like, not really a legacy subject though..
As for cheap.. Am using angle iron and skateboard bearings on the x
and y axis, and leadscrew (actually m20 wall studding) for the z
axis.. The drive on the x and y axis are chain driven (have written to
Santa about rack and pinion) and the z is coupled directly to the
leadscrew.. Up until I pulled it apart to build it a 4th axis (this is
where I will do my turnings Curt) I managed an accuracy of about
0.003".. Now it is in bits, I think I may be able to improve on this
with a bit of tweaking..

Keep up all your good work Curt, I look at the forum at least once or
twice a week and it is a joy to see all the innovations you guys come
up with.. Don't concern yourself with my past troubles with Legacy
Curt, I put all that in that past and just see it as a bad (and
expensive) experience.. Have moved on since then and as the forum
allowed me to vent my frustrations, I got it all out my system and
learned my lesson well..

My main inspiration for my cnc was Art Ransom (hope you are well now
Art, was sorry to hear about your recent illness), but after looking
around the net I found a site from USA
http://buildyourcnc.com/default.aspx
which I happily admit to pinching many ideas from..

Best regards..
Steve..