Hello Bill, Curt, and Tim,

I'll give Legacy a call on Monday and see whether they have any split nuts
in stock.  From what I can see, the machine was shipped to the original
owner in the fall of 2009, so if there were any modifications to the
split-nut design by then they did not make it into either the video or the
printed manual. If push comes to shove and it affects performance, I'll try
Tim's solution.  The router did come, and the backwards set up does not
interfere with the router controls, and I am able to lock the nut and move
the carriage along the y-axis.  With the cooperation of family and friends
and a little luck with following instructions, I might finish the machine
tomorrow.  I had planned to wait to use the machine until I could frame out
a small room and put in an exhaust fan, an air filtration system, and
cyclone (yes, I've been scared straight by the dust issue), but I want to
see how big a deal the problem is.

By the way, Bill, I took your advice and bought your friend's extreme
extension.  I should have it Monday.  It gets rave reviews most everywhere.
Thanks for putting me on to it.

Begat