  From: begatbrown
  To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, February 05, 2011 6:20 PM
  Subject: Re: Does It Matter if I Use a X-Axis Split-Nut Backer on the Y-Axis
Lead Screw?

  Hello Bill, Curt, and Tim,

  I'll give Legacy a call on Monday and see whether they have any split nuts in
stock.  From what I can see, the machine was shipped to the original owner in
the fall of 2009, so if there were any modifications to the split-nut design by
then they did not make it into either the video or the printed manual. If push
comes to shove and it affects performance, I'll try Tim's solution.  The router
did come, and the backwards set up does not interfere with the router controls,
and I am able to lock the nut and move the carriage along the y-axis.  With the
cooperation of family and friends and a little luck with following
instructions, I might finish the machine tomorrow.  I had planned to wait to
use the machine until I could frame out a small room and put in an exhaust fan,
an air filtration system, and cyclone (yes, I've been scared straight by the
dust issue), but I want to see how big a deal the problem is.

  By the way, Bill, I took your advice and bought your friend's extreme
extension.  I should have it Monday.  It gets rave reviews most everywhere.
Thanks for putting me on to it.

  Begat