another method Tim put me on to is glue with wood glue a scrap piece of timber to the work and screw the scrap to the spoil board then turn the waste piece off later good idea for a bowl or something with a small bit that has to be held on the table but once you flip the bowl or what ever over to remove the waste I was thinking something is needed to hold the almost finished project I was thinking of an longworth chuck one could be made with a fairly low profile.and as long as your cuts are light it should work ok. I know this could easy be done on the wood lathe but I like to try and do all of the work on the legacy

Bill

----- Original Message ----- From: "begatbrown" <darylmichaelsc...@gmail.com>
To: "Legacy Ornamental Mills" <legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2011 9:45 AM
Subject: Re: double sided tape

Bill,

I should have made clear that I have used the glue primarily to
surface boards, not to turn.  I did try once to use the tape on the
rotary table, and when I got to an edge where my taping was clearly
inadequate, the rosette went airborne.  Tim hasn't weighed in, but I
remember his post about replacing his spoil board on the rotary table
because of the damage over time at least in part from glue.  I do know
that the next time I use the table, I will use hot glue rather than
tape!

Begat