Hello Everyone,

I made my first legacy project ever a few months ago.  I made a barley twist
candlestick holder and screwed up the base so I modified it from the
instructions because I did not have any more wood to try it again.  It was made
out of Red Heart and I was not sure what to finish it with so I just used the
Beall Buffing system that uses Tripoli, White
Diamond, and Carnauba Wax.  It turned out amazingly shiny and smooth but I am
not sure how long the finish will last.  I would like to have used something
that would penetrate into the pores of the wood to water proof it somewhat
(possibly shellac?) before polishing it and putting the final polish of
carnauba wax on it.  I want to make some out of pine next time.

I would like to have your (the group) input on what finish to use for future
projects.  I am going to make some hollow sprial candlestick holders, some rope
twist and barley twist canes and walking sticks in the near future.

I love using my legacy mill and I sure appreciate this group.  I learn so much
from reading the discussions and seeing the pictures of your projects.  Wow!
What a group of talented craftsmen!  Thanks for sharing.

Greg Walker
N7BHX