that is exactly what i was shooting for except the sides had a bigger
border  for the rails (11/2" in from baluster)  i did not have a place
for the bit to run out i thought that the border would do any cleanup
that was needed the template was a big square piece of mdf that had a
diagonal 1/8 cut in it for the follower letting the router move
diagonally i used the older template follower so that i could use 3/4
mdf used a v-groove cutter set shallow did not foresee any problems
but it just did not work  consistently bob