Are there going to be picture involved at some point?  You know many of us are
actually illiterate and can only read pictures :-).

  From: CURTIS GEORGE
  To: Legacy-Ornamental-Mills
  Sent: Friday, August 19, 2011 9:42 AM
  Subject: Newest, smoothest turnings yet

  Hello everyone.

  I am sorry to say that I still am having computer problems at home, So I do
not have the ability to use many of the features that I normaly use on my
computer. Things like Spell check. and posting pictures to this group.
Hopefully I will be able to get this problem resolved soon?

  Anyhow onto the topic at hand.

  This is an old idea from Legacy, but not one that thay sold for long, since I
know of only one Wood chuck unit that had this modification, and I know that
thay again tried using this mod. again on that 2200 model units that were
quickly discontinied.

  OK!

  So you ask what is this modification? It is my newest project/toy that Ive
been playing around with. A seperate motor for the spindle its self.Not the
drive but the spindle its self. by useing a motor to spin the turning, and the
motor drive together you can get a supper smooth clean cut on any spindle. Now
Im talking about turning a round spindle turning only, No ropeing or anything
fancy just a round stright dowell with a clean and smooth surface.

  Now this is not be the End-All,Be-All, Legacy modification but I like it!

  This is what was done, On the Wood chuck (my friends Kevin's unit) It has a
second motor with a swivel and a mating gear on it. all you needed to do is
loosen the locking screw and have the gear touch the Wood Chuck's indexing
gear.

  On the modle 2200 Legacy used a drive belt.

  And on my unit, I used a 24 volt motor from a wheel chair, that has a rubber
drive wheel, What I did was to mount a board onto my rails,and make the wheel
engauge the indexing gear to make this mod. work for me.

  I have to go!

  talk to you all latter.