Michael,

I feel your pain in sourcing as I live in Ireland as well (Enfield, Co. Meath)
and have the same problem. Sorry the 7518 didn't work out -
I have one and have no problems with it - what king of problems did you have -
are you cutting too deep and pushing the motor too hard, or
is it purely mechanical issues?

Craig