Hi Craig

Nice to meet a fellow sufferer.  I have a 7519 fixed speed which works
fine but I a not happy using larger bits in it.  I have also just
tried a 7518 but there seems to be a possible problem with the speed
controller.  As the only suppliers of Porter Cable seem to be in the
USA it is not easy getting things sorted out.  Roger from WoodWorkers
is following up the possibility of getting some form of fittings made
up to allow the use of stripped down plunge routers.

As a matter of interest have you managed to find a good hardwood
supplier?

Regards

Michael