I looked up some videos on youtube on the 80/20 linear bearings.
They're pretty slick. a lot of people have been using them for
homemade CNC machines. I'm assuming you could also pick that up from
granger. so the only issue appears to be the lead screw. We may have
to deal with that individually. I'll keep looking as well.

Hey curt, I apologize. I was reading your post on my phone and
accidentally hit "report spam". I hope it doesn't cause any problems