I am new to the group here and have spent some time reading other
peoples comments about the service Legacy is not providing it's past
customers. I purchased a 1000ex a few years ago second hand and would
like to upgrade my unit. I just use my unit for my own projects so
upgrade is not critical but would be nice. Several months ago I called
Legacy to see if it was possible to purchase the Z-axis upgrade for
the unit I have and was told they didn't make those anymore. I read on
their web page a few years age the upgrade also required replacing the
tailstock. Just a couple weeks ago I called them to see if I could
purchase some index hubs. I used the wrong words in starting the
conversation saying I needed some "parts" for my machine instead of
"accessaries" when talking to the salesman. He forwarded the call to
the owner when he heard the model I had and that I wanted parts. The
owner eventually told me there wasn't enough profit in just selling me
the hubs and wouldn't sell me any since I wasn't the origional
purchaser of the mill. Luckily I have enough hubs to get by for now.
So my question to the group here is, if several wanted a z-axis
upgrade, how much would it be to get a machine shop to make some? If
they were just making one it would probably be more than Legacy
charged when they were still making them, but if we could get several
made at the same time it could make the project affordable. I have
tried (not real hard) to find the manufacter of the aluminum rails and
have not been sucessful yet. How many would be interested in
investigating this possiblility?
Dexter