  From: Tim Krause
  To: Legacy-Ornamental-Mills@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Friday, August 10, 2012 8:03 PM
  Subject: Cricket Cages

  Hello All,

  A cricket cage is a thin wall box that has been pierced (drilled holes) and
slots.  It's an open box if you will.  These types of forms could be used to
hold a candle votive or a potpourri case.  I see all sorts of potential here.

  I've attached an interesting article that describes making one.  The author
cites two ornamental turners that I admire and the author of the article is
becoming quite accomplished in his own right.

  I think if I where to attempt these designs on the legacy I would leave the
walls of the cylinder thicker, make the indexed cut with a liner inside the
tube for support and to act as a waste board.  Then turn the outside of the
cylinder down to however thin you would like.  This would eliminate some of the
fuzz problems IMHO.

  For the doubters in the group, if you think this level of detail is not
possible on the Legacy I challenge you to go out in the shop and give it a try.
 I think it's well within it's capabilities and you will be surprised.
Actually, I challenge everyone in this group to making a version of this
project.  How about it, any takers?